- August 20 - dinner at Gianna's Restaurant - 6:00 p.m.
- September 15 - kick-off gathering - 4 - 6:00 p.m, Atrium
- Liza Hendricks, the General Presbyter for Presbytery of Eastern Virginia (PEVA) will be our lesson leader for the new Horizon Bible study: Love Carved in Stone: A Fresh look at the Ten Commandments by Eugenia Gamble. All women of St. Andrew are invited to attend. A sign-up sheet will be posted at the Kiosk in the atrium as the date approaches. 2019 – 2020 Horizon’s Bible Study book: Ten Commandments by Eugenia Gamble. The deadline for ordering your study book is July 21; the cost is $11. Make checks payable to “St. Andrew PW,” and give to Sandy Poole (PW Treasurer) or place in the PW office mailbox.
The Presbyterian Women (PW) is a national organization made up of women in local Presbyterian churches that support local, national, and international missions.
We commit ourselves:
- to nurture our faith through prayer and Bible study,
- to support the mission of the church worldwide,
- to work for justice and peace,
- and to build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and witnesses to the promise of God’s kingdom.
At St. Andrew, the PW provide services such as memorial receptions, Kirk Night suppers, quilts for the sick, blankets for newborns, support for St. Andrew Preschool, and conduct monthly Bible Studies. Locally we provide materials and financial support for a local school and a local women's shelter and provide meals for local homeless. In addition, the PW provides contributions to the national organization for their national and international initiatives.
We invite all ladies from St. Andrew to join our PW and be part of these missions and to join us for our Bible Studies and our social events. For it is through this organization that we can live in hope, grow our faith, and serve together to the glory of God. Information about the missions and other activities sponsored by the St. Andrew women are published on this website, in the weekly bulletins, in the Bagpiper, and on the PW kiosk.
Beginning in September, St. Andrew Presbyterian Women’s circles will combine into one circle and will meet most months on the second Tuesday of the month at 10:00 a.m.
PW Mission Offering Thank you to all who contributed to our Mission Offerings this spring. A total of $238.50 was collected for the Birthday Offering.
PRESBYTERIAN WOMEN SPONSORED MISSIONS
Presbyterian Women support two mission offerings each year. The Birthday Offering is collected to celebrate the blessings in the lives of Presbyterian Women and includes up to five projects that are not included in ongoing General Assembly mission support. The Thank Offering gives women a tangible way to express their gratitude for the special blessings in their lives and funds a variety of
projects. More details can be found in the “Mission Project Descriptions” document on the PW bulletin board at the Kiosk. The money collected this spring will be split evenly between the two offerings. Make checks payable to St. Andrew PW, with a notation “PW Mission Offerings”
and place it in the PW office mailbox. Donations are due by June 9, 2019.