- July 15 - Covered dish at home of Lisa Cross - 6:00 p.m.
- August 20 - dinner at Gianna's Restaurant - 6:00 p.m.
The Presbyterian Women (PW) is a national organization made up of women in local Presbyterian churches that support local, national, and international missions.
We commit ourselves:
- to nurture our faith through prayer and Bible study,
- to support the mission of the church worldwide,
- to work for justice and peace,
- and to build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and witnesses to the promise of God’s kingdom.
At St. Andrew, the PW provide services such as memorial receptions, Kirk Night suppers, quilts for the sick, blankets for newborns, support for St. Andrew Preschool, and conduct monthly Bible Studies. Locally we provide materials and financial support for a local school and a local women's shelter and provide meals for local homeless. In addition, the PW provides contributions to the national organization for their national and international initiatives.
We invite all ladies from St. Andrew to join our PW and be part of these missions and to join us for our Bible Studies and our social events. For it is through this organization that we can live in hope, grow our faith, and serve together to the glory of God. Information about the missions and other activities sponsored by the St. Andrew women are published on this website, in the weekly bulletins, in the Bagpiper, and on the PW kiosk.
Additionally, many of the women support our commitment to Bible study by joining one of our study groups:
- The Morning Circle – 2nd Tuesday of each month at 10 a.m. in St. Andrew Hall, followed by lunch.
- The Evening Circle – 2nd Monday of each month at 6 p.m. for dinner followed by Bible Study in St. Andrew Hall or the Atrium.
PRESBYTERIAN WOMEN SPONSORED MISSIONS
PW Mission Offerings to be collected this spring:
Presbyterian Women support two mission offerings each year. The Birthday Offering is collected to celebrate the blessings in the lives of Presbyterian Women and includes up to five projects that are not included in ongoing General Assembly mission support. The Thank Offering gives women a tangible way to express their gratitude for the special blessings in their lives and funds a variety of
projects. More details can be found in the “Mission Project Descriptions” document on the PW bulletin board at the Kiosk. The money collected this spring will be split evenly between the two offerings. Make checks payable to St. Andrew PW, with a notation “PW Mission Offerings”
and place it in the PW office mailbox. Donations are due by June 9, 2019.