Adult Sunday morning classes
Sunday classes meet from 9:45-10:45 (between the two worship services) in the education building behind St. Andrew’s main building. Childcare for 2 year olds and younger and classes for 3 year olds through senior high are available at the same time.
Faith is something that continues to grow throughout one’s life. It is rooted in the love of God and is nourished through regular worship and study. One of the great gifts of the church is that we can grow together with other followers as we stretch one another’s minds and hearts in community.
Make spiritual growth one of your goals this new school year and join one of St. Andrew’s adult classes. There’s a chair waiting for you!
SPRING 2019 SUNDAY ADULT CLASSES
Keep that resolution you’ve been thinking about for years: plan to attend an adult class this Spring!! Here’s what our classes are planning:
- Challenge of Faith: Many of us have grown up with the idea that the Bible is a holy rulebook: follow the instructions carefully, and all will be well; deviate in the least, and there will be some serious smiting going on. The Challenge of Faith Class will take a look at a different approach to scripture using the book The Bible Tells Me So by biblical scholar Peter Enns. Enns takes as his guiding principle the passage from Hebrews 4:12: "For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." The Challenge of Faith Class is led by Steve Suhring and meets in Room 204 on the second floor of the education building.
- Jack Holladay: Jesus' disciple Simon Peter left everything to follow his teacher, yet struggled with doubt and fear. He was not rich or educated, but was familiar with hard work. He was quick-tempered and impetuous, but possessed a passion that would change the world. Simon Peter: Flawed but Faithful Disciple is a DVD/book study written by Adam Hamilton. This study will take place starting 3/31 and run through the end of the spring semester at the end of May. The Jack Holladay Class is led by Curtis Corl and meets in Room 206 on the second floor of the education building.
- Faith Journey: Tackle one of the most influential and important books in Christian literature as you learn about St. Augustine's Confessions through a DVD Great Courses study. Professors William R. Cook and Ronald B. Herzman will be your video guides. The Faith Journey Class is led by Harry Cross and meets in Room 205 on the second floor of the education building.
Kirk Night: April 10th is last Kirk Night for Spring term; resumes in the Fall
Kirk Night, named for the Scottish word for church, is St. Andrew's Wednesday evening program for all ages. Kirk Night begins each week with supper at 5:45 p.m. The cost for the meal is $4.50 for adults and $2.50 for children. Menus are listed in the Events section. Nursery care is available for infants through 3 year olds. 4 and 5 year olds may attend the nursery if parents are in class or practice. Older children must either be in a class or with their parents during the 6:30-7:30 time period. Middle and High School youth can participate in Youth Group.
Adult class runs from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- At Home With Jesus led by Pastor Gillian
Jesus said, “If anyone loves me, they will keep my words and my Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. ~John 14:23 Being “at home” with someone implies that we are comfortable and at ease in their presence. As we seek to grow in our faith and be “at home" with Jesus, this class will explore the rooms of our homes and where there we can help grow our faith and find God even in the ordinary and seemingly mundane.
- Art class: Children in first through fifth grades work on art projects in Room 103 on the first floor of the education building from 6:30-7:30. This group is led by Beth Lyon-Suhring
- Jubilee Bells: Beginning hand bell choir, meets in the bell choir room upstairs behind the sanctuary, from 6:30 - 7:00 under the direction of Joey Parrish.
- Celebration Bells: For experienced bell ringers, meets in the bell choir room from 7:00 - 7:45 under the direction of Joey Parrish.
Childcare: Childcare is available for infants through 3 year olds. 4 and 5 year olds may attend the nursery if parents are in class or practice. Older children must either be in a class or with their parents during the 6:30-7:30 time period.